Western Victoria Primary Health Network is building on its previous experience in supporting local general practitioners and expanding its support to allied health professionals in private practice. We are working with allied health professionals to improve our knowledge of the services they provide and the gaps that exist in primary health care. Our engagement activities with allied health align with our Strategic Plan and Activity Work Plans and priority areas identified in our Needs Assessments.
We are also supporting allied health professionals by:
- Providing multidisciplinary education and events (including online education)
- Facilitating allied health professional networking activities
- Access and involvement in HealthPathways
- Digital Health support
- Free vacancy listing service
- Disseminating relevant allied health specific communications, and
- Working with allied health professionals to address local provider needs and integrate primary health care at a local level.
Western Victoria Primary Health Network provides many opportunities for allied health professionals to have greater engagement with other allied health professionals and services, general practice, local hospital networks and community organisations. There are opportunities to participate in program committees, planning forums, clinical networks and be a part of delivering health promotion activities. We will also welcome information and feedback from you in order to improve our knowledge.
Whether it is attending education and networking opportunities, participating in working groups or responding to needs surveys, there are many opportunities to get involved with Western Victoria Primary Health Network and help shape the health of our community.
Primary Care Consultant Contacts