GEELONG: It takes a village: Improving mental health referral pathways for children in the Geelong region - Monday 16 September
It takes a village: Improving mental health referral pathways for children in the Geelong region
Inter-sectoral networking and solution focused event
This forum will be an opportunity to hear from a panel of practitioners and service providers who will discuss some of the barriers and facilitators to child (0-12 years) mental health referral pathways.
The forum will also include a facilitated workshop to discuss a strengthened response and ideas for solutions across the region. These discussions will contribute to a set of recommendations towards a regional response/approach.
It will also be a networking opportunity and a chance to develop solutions alongside practitioners and service providers.
Key Learning Objectives:
• Discuss the service needs of children and families with complex and chronic issues and the impact on mental health
• Learn about service responses in the Geelong and Barwon Region
• Discuss opportunities to develop partnerships and improved communication with and between GPs, paediatricians, allied health and other services and sectors.
• Daniel Peyton (Pediatrican)
• Merrin Kelly (Maternal Child and Health Coordinator for the Barwon Region)
• Ben GoodFellow (CAHMS) and Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) representative
• GPs & GP Registrars,
• Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Paediatricians
• Social workers
• Allied health working with children
• School nurses, School counsellors
For further information contact CPD Team
|Event Date||6:30 pm, 16/09/2019|
|Event End Date||9:00 pm, 16/09/2019|
|Location||Deakin Cats Community Centre|